Of course, we believe that there are many very good reasons for homeowners to invest in security systems, cameras, and residential alarm systems in Kansas City. While the KC area doesn’t have a particularly high crime rate, it is higher than the national average for other similarly-sized metro areas, according to data from U.S. News & World Report, which ranked Kansas City at just above the halfway point in best places to live in the United States.
For many homeowners, a break-in or burglary feels like a distant possibility, but the fact is that burglaries may be more common than we think. Your home only has to be broken into once for your family and your belongings to be put at risk. Yet in spite of the fact that many convicted burglars say that they would not have targeted a home with a residential security system, only about 14% of people in the United States currently have residential alarm systems in their homes.
That’s one big reason to invest in residential security in Kansas City, but there are many more. Sure, residential alarm systems help protect your valuables and give you peace of mind, but a monitored residential security system can also summon fire fighters, law enforcement, and medical help to your home in times of need. Many of them include fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide detection, which can help protect your family and even your pets from more insidious threats.
How else can residential security systems—especially those that include security cameras in Kansas City—benefit you and help to protect your home and family? We’re glad you asked.
- You can save on homeowner’s insurance. Most insurance policies offer discounts if you have residential security or alarm systems. According to data from the Insurance Information Institute, the average discount ranges from 15% to 20%. Depending on your policy, that can easily save you upwards of $200 per year!
- You can keep an eye on things when you’re away. Security cameras in Kansas City do more than just catch criminals in the act. Many wireless cameras can be viewed from your phone or tablet, allowing you to keep an eye on the place when you’re not at home. If your security system is properly installed along with the right smart home technology, you can even use it to adjust the thermostat remotely or turn lights on and off.
- Keep track of children, pets, and guests. All you have to do is pull up your Kansas City security cameras and you can quickly see whether someone is getting into the liquor cabinet when they shouldn’t be. Want to know if Fluffy is the one who has been knocking over your plants or if Rover gets up on the couch while you’re at work? Security cameras will give you the answer.
- No need to have the neighbors watch the place while you’re away. We all know the drill. You’re getting ready for a long trip, so you go over to the neighbor’s or to a friend who lives close by, and you ask them to check up on the place while you’re away. Water the plants, turn lights on and off, etc. With residential security in Kansas City, you can keep an eye on the place yourself without burdening your friends and neighbors with the job. Plus, there are no spare keys to keep track of!
- You can increase the value of your home. Residential alarm systems in Kansas City are a good selling point when you get ready to part with your home. Just think how attractive one would have been when you were buying. And if you have a good residential security system in place, you can keep tabs on your house throughout the selling process.
- You can see who’s at the front door before you open it. There are any number of reasons you don’t want to open the door to a stranger. Maybe you or your children are home alone and you don’t feel safe. Maybe you just don’t want to deal with another sales pitch for a carpet shampooer. Whatever the reason, knowing who’s at the door can give you peace of mind and help you control your experience. If it’s just the UPS driver dropping off a package, there’s no reason to jump up from your desk as soon as the doorbell rings.
- You can help authorities identify porch pirates. Not sure what a porch pirate is? Then you may be one of the lucky ones. In this age of Amazon deliveries, more than 30% of homes have had packages stolen after they were delivered. The people who snatch those packages are porch pirates, and if you capture them on your Kansas City security camera, you can not only help protect that new iPhone but also help the authorities make sure they don’t strike someone else.
- Get help faster in the event of an emergency. A monitored residential alarm system can help ensure that the appropriate first responders get to your house as quickly as possible in the event of a fire, medical emergency, break-in, or other event by directly contacting the relevant authorities for immediate dispatch. When disaster strikes your home and family, seconds can often count, so getting a faster response time may be the difference between a minor emergency and a catastrophic one.
What’s Next? We have a Residential Security Solution for You!
Most homeowners are probably convinced that residential alarm systems can help protect their homes and families from burglaries and break-ins. But if that isn’t enough to sway you, surely all these other added benefits show that it’s time to start considering a residential security system for your Kansas City home. Just having an alarm system and security cameras isn’t enough on its own, however. They need to be properly installed by professionals who know what they’re doing.
Fortunately, A-TEC has been providing Commercial and Residential Security in Kansas City for years. We know the specific challenges that face Kansas City businesses and homeowners, and we know the best solutions for your security problems. For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact A-TEC Security today.